Procrastination is an art form and it is because of this art that I have yet to complete Borrowed Time, the second book in the Aspen Moore series. I will complete the book. I am making sure of it, by gearing up for my New Year’s resolution to clear my life of shiny objects that distract me from doing more important things.
For those out there who procrastinate (and you know who you are!), what are the top distractions that take your focus away from what you should be doing? I’ll show you mine if you’ll show me yours, and believe me, mine are not pretty!
12. Top Chef (and Top Chef Masters)
11. Project Runway (and Project Runway All Stars)
10. The Voice and X-Factor (and honestly, American Idol too)
09. Master Chef (and Master Chef Junior)
08. Styled to Rock
07. Food Network Star
06. Design Star
05. Shark Tank
04. Drop Dead Diva, Grays Anatomy, Revenge, Parenthood, and Nashville
03. The Bachelor and Bachelorette
02. Any competitive show on The Food Network (Chopped, Cutthroat Kitchen, Cupcake Wars, Guy’s Grocery Games, Challenge, Sweet Genius…I’m getting a little hungry now)
Noticing a theme?
And drum roll……..
01. Everything Internet
So, as you can tell, I’m a television addict, and I must shamefully admit, mostly Reality Television. I secretly love competitions. The reality shows I watch have a competitive aspect and I never seem to get taken in by the Housewives series, Duck Dynasty, Keeping up with the Kardashians, or any other reality series where there isn’t a winner at the end.
The other shiny object that lures me away from my tasks at hand is the Internet. My husband swears I have been to the end of the Internet and back, but I firmly believe there is no end to the Internet, which provides a nice procrastination juxtaposition, don’t you think?